Bucket List (a partial)
We’ve all got a laundry list of things we want to do before we check out or move on to the next round. Some of us have spectacular goals like climbing tall, frosty mountains or jumping out of planes. Others of us just want to taste a few of life’s simple pleasures & solve the mysteries that have confounded us. Here’s the beginning of my own list.
1. Travel to Cuba…not such a great feat anymore I’m sure. Will it really qualify as an accomplishment?
2. Eat Indian food in India.
3. Avoid the Castles of Elmina (Ghana) at all costs. I know whatever awaits me there could take me out of here.
4. Speaking of which—learn how to harness this energy.
5. Pose nude on the red, black & green flag. In my heart, it really isn’t a blasphemous act.
6. Go to the Kentucky Derby & wear a big floppy hat & spectator pumps.
7. Travel to West Africa a 2nd time. Putting that in place ensures there’s a 1st trip, right?
8. Learn to make Yassa. (means I'm gonna have to allow 1 of these Senegalese boys to actually come into my home...)
9. Be in unabashed RECIPROCAL, totally fearless love.
10. Become a true red head, the next time I cut my hair SUPER close.
11. Hang glide.
12. Produce my own album in Garage Band. Hell, if Alison Simpson can make an album, so can I. & it takes care of another thing I want to do—write a song.
13. Publish a volume of poetry. Hell, it's already written.
14. Publish a novel[la].
15. Start a non-profit for young girls.
16. Find a way to bring…can’t let that 1 loose-copyright infringement.
17. Become a noted writer.
18. Open my own school. Maybe. It’s so trendy. There’s all kinds of schools opening but to serve what purpose?
19. Own a cabin in the woods to escape to in search of inspiration.
20. Own a vacation home & spend NO TIME in winter weather.
21. Dance until I can no longer use my legs.
22. Learn to sew well enough to create my own designs.
23. Learn to cornrow. Yeah…I’m not officially a black woman cuz I can’t cornrow for shit.
24. Only remember the good from past loves. No need to hang on to the rest anyway. If you learned the lesson, you don’t have to keep thinking about it.
25. Give or receive oral sex in an elevator.
26. Make love in my own backyard. Putting that in place ensures that I will own my own home eventually. Right?
27. Actually save the advised amounts to guarantee that I can live comfortably in my golden years.
28. Share a porch swing with my companion of many years.
29. Finally travel with Tony, Maya & Lynn. Y’all know who you are.
30. Sing karaoke. [Check it off. Done it.]
31. Find a way to make the aging process in my thighs go in reverse. I had track legs once. I covet them.
32. Have an entire room devoted to shoes. So far just an entire wall.
33. Own a Chopper.
34. Be photographed wearing only body paint.
35. Ride a bull at a bar. [Check it off. Done it.]
Don't want my list to be longer than the years I've been around...So I'm done.
Watch me move.