Shoe Personality of the Week: 01/04
Believe it or not, they're baby shoes.
"Why baby shoes?" you may be asking.
Well, there's a few reasons.
1. Babies are new life. This is a new year. The connection should be obvious. It's time for new beginnings and new life breathed into old ventures.
2. When babies are busily learning what all their limbs are capable of, they do a lot of kicking. Add some screaming, which babies also do from time to time, and you've got my take on the return to work. I'm thankful to have a 2-week vacation but it's never enough. This time though, I did actually take a complete break from work and work related thoughts (except that 1 day when I had lunch with friends from work and the woes of work came up). I'll have to use the powers of quick thinking and creativity to make it happen because I haven't the faintest idea what I'm teaching tomorrow.
3. You gotta admit that these shoes are fly. They're unique. & even as a baby, I wasn't your average baby. As an adult, I'm not your average adult. To keep with the trend, I'm taking my not-so-average self on tour to tackle more of my Bucket List in 2010. & of course, I got to be fly.
4. How comfy do these buttery baby kicks look? Why not have the 1st Shoe Personality of 2010 reflect my commitment to be good to self and indulge in as many creature comforts as possible [while enjoying life]?
5. Prosperity. We all define it differently, but this year will be all about transforming my passions in to phat pockets & longer purse strings. Everybody needs a side hustle, especially these days, and it's time to get paid for what I'm good at...on top of getting paid for what I'm good at. These baby shoes are by no means cheap, so, they're symbolic of the dollars that I intend to make sense of this year.
I could go on and on with the symbolism, but I think you get the point. I'll end here.
Watch me move.