So...tomorrow's Tuesday & I've been sitting on my feelings about the return of The Game for 6 days. When the CW freed the cast of their lease I was saddened. First Girlfriends, then The Game. I had finally gotten past my feelings about Kelsey Grammar being the 1 to bring decent black sitcoms to prime time & then I was robbed of my options. I was several seasons off of One Tree Hill, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia came on too late, & Californication couldn't figure out whether to be or not to be. What was I supposed to do with myself for the 3 hours allotted for TV in my life? All I had left was The Game marathons that BET kept running. After a while, I was over that too. Then the news came that BET would revive The Game & fill the gaping hole left by Girl Melanie sleeping in the waiting room of the hospital as Derwin's baby was born. Thanks BET. & then Tuesday night happened. In the worst case ever, I paid for my ticket to ride the bandwagon & got on board too. The ride I went on still has me reeling & something must be said before Tuesday brings the 2nd episode & kills my spirit. The original end killed me. The return raised me from the dead. & the actual show killed me a 2nd time. So...
Thanks again for renewing life for Derwin, Melanie, Malik, Jason, Kelly, & Tasha Mack. We of the Young Colored Nation are so very grateful that you have returned some folks that at least semi-demi-quasi represent us on these airwaves.
I know you don't have much experience with TV writing but perhaps you should've actually watched the show before you started scripting. Crazy thing about us diehard fans—we can give the rundown for ALL episodes including the emotional footprints left behind. That means it'll be hard for you to pass off any ol' feces of bulls on us. I gotta say, I'm feeling a little disrespected, like, you assume I may not have watched television...EVER. I have a couple of tips for you going into the coming episodes...though I'm sure they've already been shot.
1. I said it already, but...watch the damn show. You tried to kill us with 2 years worth of back history that might don't make sense. While you were killing us with it, you forgot to explain where Rick Fox went, why Tasha Mack suddenly smokes Black N Milds, how Kelly turned into a white hood rat, who absconded with the original Brit Brat, & why in the poor decision making hell would Melanie quit med school to be....cute?
2. Read a book, read a book, read a mutha(bleeeeeeep) book. I don't know who you hang out with but real people don't speak like this. I know y'all are hard pressed for time over there cuz keeping up with the flavor of Gucci Mane's facial cone is important. Reading really is fundamental; I'm sure you'd like it if you tried it & find it useful in writing realistic dialogue.
3. Study screen writing. It is a lil different than writing the oft messed up teleprompter notes for Terrance J & Rocsi.
4. Spend a lil time at a MAC counter and watching Carol's Daughter on HSN so you can
5. Ya know what, eff it. Skip all this & just call up Kelsey Grammar & see if he'll loan you his writers. They know what to do. Hit 'em with the
Hey Y'all, Hey... Yeah, so we bit off more than we could chew. We had good intentions but we forgot we've never done this. If it was our own original series we could eff it up no problem. Here, we're just destroying something that was already in place & we fear the original fans may hunt us down & force us all to get our hair cut like Malik's. It would be ashamed if the Widow's Peak Bro-Hawk went mainstream & we were responsible. Can you help us out? Thanks Y'all, Thanks. Love, BET
I don't know what you're gonna do, but you've got to do something. It would just be wrong if you turned a hip black sitcom into a hyperstylized trashedy—also known as the hours noon to 8 pm on the network now.
Your [tryna be a] Supporter,
PS-I ain't gon' take you disrespecting T.T. like this on every episode. Get it together. Please & thank you.
Watch me move.